...is that I have an AWESOME tan. Seriously. All I had to do was sit on the beach on a tropical island every day. Brant and Spencer are a lot darker than I am, but at least I changed color.

This is Kawela Bay also known as "Secret Beach". You have to walk past a sign on the side of the highway that says, "Keep Out. No Trespassing". That's right, we live a life of excitement and danger. Well, actually all beaches here have to have public access so we're always trespassing. I think most people don't know about this beach because most of the time we were there we were the only ones. We saw about 5 sea turtles! One was sunning himself on the beach (we thought he was dead at first because he wasn't moving but then discovered he was only taking a nap) and the others were all in the water. It's incredible how huge and beautiful they are.

Okay, okay, we won't go in the water...

Twenty minutes from our house is Kualoa Ranch where they film a lot of movies (including Jurassic Park, Godzilla, 50 First Dates, Pearl Harbor, and the TV show Lost). We took a bus tour of the different sites which was pretty cool.


Brant loved the "raw beauty of the mountains". This is the backdrop for the part of Pearl Harbor where the boy scouts see all the Japanese planes fly by. They were standing on the hill on the right.

This is the only macadamia nut farm on Oahu. We got to try several different flavors of macadamia nuts (delicious!) and see some neat plants. (I love this picture of Spencer.)

There was a crazy rainstorm on Sunday so we all went outside to play in it. Spencer thought it was hilarious to run and jump in the puddles.

I definitely have the coolest husband ever. We were at the mall when he saw "The Claw." He suggested getting a ball for Spencer and I thought, no way, those things never work. But, get a ball he did! I was very impressed.

4 comments:
Britney brought back some of those nuts and they are THE BEST!
Why no pictures of the sea turtles? Did you ask him how old he was?
I love all your adventures. What fun and how beautiful.
So jealous... I never knew there were different flavors of macadamia nuts! Spencer is growing so much and is so big!!
I can't believe how many sea turtles you saw! We snorkeled with one... 1 time. That's all! He was just a cute little guy too. :)
I hope your Ohio adventures are just as fun and exciting! What a fun opportunity you had this summer! Did Brant enjoy teaching?
how fun, you guys went to hawaii! marcie i dont have your email address. could you send it to me? mine is elizabethyoung13@gmail.com
Post a Comment