Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Air Force Museum

Who knew that THE National Air Force Museum was so close to us in Dayton, Ohio? We spent last Saturday learning all about aviation over the last century.
Spencer thought this was the coolest place ever. He kept running from airplane to airplane saying, "Let's go find more airplanes!"
I thought it was incredible how quickly the airplane advanced. The first flight was in 1903 and only lasted 12 seconds. By 1914, the start of WW1, the airplane completely transformed the face of modern warfare.
Brant and Spencer in an F-4 Phantom. They could have spent all day playing with all of the instruments in the cockpit.
Spencer was in his element and seemed pretty confident sitting alone in an F-16 cockpit.

1 comment:

Ann said...

What a cool place. My boys would love that. I'm sure you had a hard time getting yours out of there.

About Me

My photo
I love being a stay-at-home mom to my three crazy boys. I also love organizing, running, reading, and crafting a little bit here and there.