On June 23rd at 8:23 P.M., Gavin Neils Christensen was born! I (Brant) came home from work around 5:30, and Marcie started having contractions pretty much as soon as I got home (good timing). After checking into the hospital at 6:15, Gavin came just over two hours later. Needless to say, he's not a very patient little boy and came very quickly.
The doctors at nurses at Riverside Hospital were amazing and took great care of Marcie and Gavin. He weighed in at 7 lbs 1 oz., and 21 inches long even though he came three weeks early! He's very healthy and happy, as is Marcie. Spencer is adapting very well and loves his baby brother. We're excited for the adventures ahead and welcome Gavin to our family!
Mom and baby right after birth
The proudest big brother in the world!
Spencer, Marcie and Gavin
Ready to go home!
And finally, what has got to be one of the funniest sleeping positions ever.
15 comments:
CONGRATULATIONS!! We're so happy Marcie and Gavin (GREAT name, by the way) are doing well. We can't wait to meet him!
Okay, how in the world do you look that good right after having a baby???? Nobody will ever see pictures of me after having Evan. Nope. Love you guys! Congratulations!
Congratulations! What a cute baby, and what a beautiful Mommy! Gut gemacht! Love the name Gavin!
Congratulations!!! I can't believe how fast he came! Everyone looks great!
Yay! Congratulations, and welcome, Gavin!
Oh my goodness!!! I thought that there was atleast another month in there! Then again, he did come early, so I guess my timing wasn't too far off. We're so happy for you guys! Having two little ones is so much fun! Take care and call if I can do anything!!!
I'm glad things went well and that everyone is in good spirits. Congratulations and well wishes on all the fun adventures that lay ahead.
WOW congratulations!!! We are so excited for you. I love the name--very handsome and all boy but not your average name either--I love it! WOW Marcie, I had to go back and look at pictures of you twice, I am amazed at how amazing you look for having just had a baby. Congratulations both of you, and I hope Spencer continues to love being the big brother.
Congratulations you guys! Man that little guy sure wanted to get here! Cute little guy. Congrats again!
-Jessica
Didn't anyone ever teach you that it's not fair to cut in line? Knowing you have an absolutely adorable baby at home already is killing me. This is a true test of patience for me. We're really thrilled for you and I think Gavin is one of the cutest newborn babies I've ever seen!
CONGRATULATIONS! He's beautiful! We're so happy for you. And what a wonderfully quick labor. I hope we can come see him sometime this fall when we visit Columbus!
Oh my gosh! He's adorable! Congrats you guys!
Oh my goodness!!! That is so awesome. CONGRATS you guys! You all look soooo great. Spencer is still such a doll...he is so adorable holding little brother. I am so happy for you, just wish I could visit -haha. Take care of yourselves, and try to get a little sleep these next few weeks...haha! :) Miss ya!
Kelley
Congrats!!! What a cute baby! We're having baby boy #2 at the beginning of Novenber... Fun :)
Marcie! Congrats on your sweet Gavin! I am so happy for you!
Post a Comment