I've been meaning to make Spencer a cape for a long time, but I was waiting until I found the perfect pattern, the perfect material and until I had lots of time to sit and sew. I figured that would never happen so I'd better just make it. I had some leftover felt from the house I made for Spencer here. I love using felt because you don't have to sew around the edges. I just cut out a cape size piece, sewed on a collar and then some velcro, then added a little 'S' logo. It only took me about 30 minutes total (plus another 30 minutes to figure out why my bobbin wasn't working). As I was finishing up Spencer said, "Mommy, I'm so, so excited for my Super Spencer cape!" He likes it just as much as he would if I'd spent hours on it. 
Spencer really was in desperate need of a super hero cape. He loves to be a super hero, but didn't have the right gear.
Now he can run around and save all those innocent civilians in need of his help.
3 comments:
Good work! He is adorable. And 30 minutes on the bobbin would be like a record for me. I hate those things!
Love it! Tell Spencer that now that he can fly he should fly back to Ohio and spend the day with us tomorrow!
Post a Comment