Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Halloween

Spencer is really into super heroes lately. He knew he wanted to be a super hero for Halloween, but was having a really hard time deciding which one. The Hulk came up a lot, Green Lantern, Spiderman, but he finally decided on Batman. I'm glad he did because a Batman costume is a lot easier to make than a Spiderman costume. I just bought some black long johns and used a freezer paper stencil for the symbol. I made a little cape out of felt and freezer paper stenciled again. For the bat belt I painted a piece of belting yellow, velcroed on a felt batman symbol and we attached two batarangs that Spencer got at a birthday party a couple weeks ago. We made a little mask and some bat boots out of felt (I really like using felt and velco) and he was ready to go!
The costume was finished on Wednesday and of course he couldn't wait to put it on. He wore it everyday leading up to Halloween. I was just hoping it wouldn't get ruined before he actually went trick or treating.

As soon as Spencer put on his bat cape he made sure to put his superman cape on Gavin.
Apparently, this is what super heroes do in their down time.
The ward trunk or treat was Saturday night and luckily the costume survived until then. Gavin ended up being a giraffe. He'll probably always end up being what Spencer was 3 years before, though I don't think the Batman costume will still be around.

6 comments:

marnae said...

Great job on the costume marcie! Aren't you glad Halloween is over??? I love dressing the kids up, but after three separate face-paintings/clean-ups on two kids, I was ready to be done!

Christina G said...

So smart :) I love your little ideas!

Katie Busken said...

Yay, Batman! Your costume is awesome. I'm sure he'll wear it all year. Gavin looks like he's getting big too. Miss you guys.

Spring said...

He looks fantastic! Good Job!

Angell said...

Oh my goodness! The boys are getting SO BIG!!! Their costumes are adorable! I'm glad you guys are loving Texas, but we sure do miss you here in good old Ohio! :)

Ann said...

Cute. Halloween is so fun with kids. I love the excitement.

About Me

My photo
I love being a stay-at-home mom to my three crazy boys. I also love organizing, running, reading, and crafting a little bit here and there.